Thursday, April 26, 2012

8w 3d: Hanging In and Poppin' Out

I'm hanging in there. Of course battling all sorts of bad thoughts daily but trying to keep them in check. This is happening for a reason I remind myself umpteen times a day. It's meant to be and everything is going to work out just fine. I've been tired still, but my toddler is pretty active and could wear me out pre-pregnancy so it's not surprising I find myself spending his naptime in bed as well. I have very brief passing periods of nausea and some of the same food aversions as last time. I've had growing and stretching pains here and there. They all feel very familiar so that's reassuring. I was shocked on Monday at 8w when I realized I already popped. I'm certainly showing. At night combined with the bloat I look about how I looked at 5 months last time. It took forever to show last pregnancy so to show so early was something I wasn't expecting. Good news is I get to break out the comfy pants and clothes that much earlier this time. I'm pregnant in pretty much the opposite season this time though so finding things to wear in my current maternity wardrobe may be difficult. I'm anxious to get to the stage where I can use the doppler when I need reassurance. I admit I did Google and find stories of people who could hear at 8w so I tried it. I didn't hear the heartbeat but luckily I didn't freak out because I know its still too early. With my son I heard it at the end of 11w. So for now I'm hanging in there trying to stay calm until the next ultrasound. 7 days to go...

2 comments:

  1. I am pregnant the opposite season too, so I find that a lot of the things I wore before aren't necessarily going to work this time. I recently orderded some maternity shorts and capris on Ebay. I refuse to pay top dollar for that junk! We used to have a good resale store here that had maternity, but they closed. I have found some good deals with sales on oldnavy.com too. Yay for 8 weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank God for nap time. :)

    I, too, am pregnant in the opposite season. As hot natured as I am coupled with being big 'ol preggo in the summer time, I may just have to forego maternity clothes and run around the house in my underwear. ;p

    Does it seem crazy that you're already 8 weeks? We just hit 11 and right now it feels like it's flying by...so much quicker this time around.

    Excited to hear how your next u/s goes! Hugs!! :)

    ReplyDelete