Wednesday, July 4, 2012

18 Weeks Summer Storm and It's A...

Whew this last week has been crazy. We live in the Mid-Atlantic so we got a crazy storm last Friday night that left us without power during the most insane heatwave we've seen this year. Apparently the violent windstorm we had is called a derecho, in case you're one for expanding your vocabulary with new words you hopefully never experience the meaning of first hand. We were very lucky not to have one of our beautiful backyard trees fall on our house but we did live without power for about 35 hours, and unfortunately some in our area still remain without power. The temperatures here, as they seem to be everywhere, are unbelievably hot. The heat index has been about 105 degrees most days. Our upstairs temperature topped out at a balmy 86, but the basement thankfully never climbed above 75. We slept there and left the house to find food and sweet air conditioned relief. When I was pregnant with LD we had what the locals still refer to as Snowmageddon that shut down our area for days. So it is only fitting with CJs pregnancy that we get a memorable storm as well.

I had my 18 week appointment yesterday and all is looking well. My OB said she feels much better about having me on Lovenox when she feels like there is a need for it due to potential blood clots in my leg. Of course I would rather have been on it from the start and avoided the potential clots but I'm thankful to be on it now. I've gained about 9 pounds. Surprising to me since I finish each day with a healthy helping of dessert. I expected a bigger gain. My husband had been asking for a few weeks if I'd be getting an ultrasound at this appointment. At my last appointment we just did the doppler and my anatomy scan is the 16th so I figured we wouldn't have a scan. The man who didn't want to find out LDs gender suddenly had a real need to know about this baby. He even told me to ask for an ultrasound or pretend I was really worried so she'd do one. We both laughed at that because I was such a mess with LDs pregnancy the staff knows me by name and expects me to have a million worried questions. But Baby has been super active so I knew all was well. Turns out I didn't have to ask my doc just said let's take a look so we did. Where LD was loud and proud about showing his package this babe was much more reserved. After 20 minutes of trying to get a clear shot we finally got enough of a glimpse to be 99.9% sure. It's no real surprise to us and I kind of always felt it in my Mothers instinct we are having a boy!! My husband's family produces like 1 girl for every million boys...no joke. We are pretty sure we have now settled on a name, first at least. Middle is still not for sure but I know what initials I want so that means a J middle name. So CJ it is. Although I bought a few cute girl things here and there the last few weeks there was no disappointment when it was revealed that CJ is a boy. I am excited to watch LD grow up with a little brother and I think I'm a pretty good boy Mama so I'm glad to remain the only queen of this castle.  My OB said we'd have to try again for #3 so we'd maybe get a girl, I told her my hubby already has the big V planned out. We are done with two. Our perfect set of boys. I'm so very excited!!

5 comments:

  1. Yeah! Congrats on the little one showing the goods! Yay on another boy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo-hoo!! Congrats on the good report...and another little man! Glad to hear that you and CJ are both doing well. Hugs to you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on another boy! LD will have the perfect little playmate (or partner in crime)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tried to reply to this before but blogger was having none of it... Congrats on your 2nd baby boy!

    ReplyDelete