Friday, November 9, 2012

36 Week Appointment

Today was my 36 week appointment. Little Man grew thankfully. My fundal height at my last two appointments stayed the same and if it was still the same at this appointment we were going to have to have an ultrasound done to figure out what was going on. I also gained a few more pounds, like three. I'm 2cm and 50% effaced. I know that means nothing really. You can walk around that way for weeks, heck I could have been already. We did a quick scan because she wasn't exactly sure she was feeling his head when she did her internal exam. It was his head. He's head down. He's still high enough up that he could potentially turn around again the doc said. I think he's been facing this way for quite some time now so I hope he doesn't decide to turn around. My pelvis feels like it's being axed in half a lot of the time now. Not a feeling I remember from LD. The nesting urge kicked in hardcore last week and I've gotten quite a bit done. Of course I still have a bunch to do but I've at least put a dent in the list. My usual doc won't be seeing me next week because she's on call at the hospital. She told me as I was leaving she may not see me again until my post-partum appointment. Um, I'm only 37 weeks next week. I'm not planning to have a baby next week. My mom doesn't even get here to watch LD until 38 weeks. I'm scheduled to see my usual doc again at 38 weeks the day before Thanksgiving. I told her today I want a Thanksgiving baby. DH will be home so no need to call him at work and no traffic worries. I know CJ won't come until he's good and ready to come, and me telling people I want a Thanksgiving baby probably makes it even less likely he'll come then. Kids like to prove you wrong from birth it seems. :) 

CJ Watch 2012: 2cm 50% effaced

5 comments:

  1. Yup, I'm walking (huffing, puffing) proof that they'll prove you wrong every time. ;) That said, the year I was born, I was a Thanksgiving baby, so we'll send you some good vibes for that!

    Thanks so much for all of your kind words and advice lately. I am grateful for you! :) So glad to hear that CJ is doing well and that you're getting stuff done! I FINALLY finished packing our bags tonight and got all of PJ's stuff ready for my absence, so other than doing some housework, we're as ready as can be.

    Come on little men, we're ready to meet you! ( I just wish we lived closer...I know all the kids would be fast friends! :D)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad things are going well and little guy will be here soon ( hopefully on Thanksgiving for you!). I still can't believe all the blogging buddies who are expecting their second babies!!

    Hope you can get some rest (or some nesting) this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck! Hope she's right and he comes early!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Getting close! I hope CJ stays put (head down)! I bet you are getting excited!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for head down and 2 cm! It's a start if nothing else!

    ReplyDelete