Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Hello Third Trimester: 28 weeks

Phew I have now entered the third trimester. Things are crazy around here and I'm feeling quite overwhelmed. We've been fighting a cough for the past month. As in LD started it, passed it to me, and now it's finally made its way to Daddy. LD has also just started having some very icky diapers. Of course anxious Mommy is terrified of catching something from him that could hurt CJ so every diaper change I'm gloving up, taking them directly outside, and disinfecting everything within 10 feet of the diaper change area. And washing my hands constantly so they are dry and painful. *sigh* I just want everyone to be healthy, oh and if we could fast forward to December that'd be cool too. :) Not that keeping a newborn healthy would be any less stressful.

Which leads me to my newest situation to figure out how to work out. We do weekly playgroup and I try to do other activities during the week as well to give LD an opportunity to get out and about and hang out with his friends. Adding a newborn to the mix during flu season just doesn't sit well with me. So I am thinking we'll have to take some time off from playgroup. It stinks because I don't want to make LD feel like he's being punished or change things too much for him, but I also want to keep CJ from being exposed to scary germs when he's so little. I'm also starting to wonder how soon before CJ's arrival we should stop going to playgroup as well. He missed his friends so much during the time we stayed away from playgroup because of his cough so I know it will be hard for him when we have to take a break. Luckily we will have company to keep him engaged.

Still haven't chosen a hospital. Gotta get that done.

1 comment:

  1. Okay, so I'll admit that I read this earlier in the week, meant to comment and got busy and forgot. Sorry, friend!

    Welcome to the 3rd Tri! Getting closer to the end, Mama!! :) I hear ya about not knowing what to do about playgroup/friends/holidays, etc. once the new ones get here. I hate to seem like I'm 'punishing' PJ for no reason but I think you just have to be selective and as careful as you can. For us, I know that we'll still have some people over, albeit a smaller group maybe? We'll go to holiday gatherings but W will be in the ergo on my chest...no, you cannot hold my newborn. I think with wearing them, too, it keeps other people's hands off...they're less llikely to go for the babes if they have to reach down your shirt to reach them. ;)

    Also, I personally think a little break from some of the big kid's normal activities might be necessary anyway...lots of big changes in a small time will probably call for staying close to home for some family time...at least it will for us.

    Hang in there, Mama...you'll figure it out!

    ReplyDelete